Friday, August 22, 2008

Marketing To Brides: Does FLASH Help or Hurt Your Business

I have a couple computers that I work on. One desktop in my office and a laptop.

For about a month now I haven't been able to get FLASH to play on my office desktop. I'm a pretty technical guy and I've done everything: (1) downloaded a new version of FLASH, (2) downloaded the latest Internet Explorer browser, (3) adjusted my security settings in IE, (4) un-installed, re-installed Internet Explorer, (4) spent about two hours looking for "fixes" at the Adobe site and Microsoft site, (5) tried most of those fixes and wasted another three or four hours, (6) now need to play with a Windows registry editor (which I'm SURE is not the problem, because FLASH works on my alternative browser, Firefox).

I'm wondering, would a bride with the same or similar problem go to all this effort to view your website.

You may think your FLASH site is cool but I'm convinced most FLASH websites LOSE more business than you ever gain.

Add to that the fact that FLASH websites are virtually invisible in the search engines, and don't believe the latest "Flash friendly techniques..." or you're a fool, and today... FLASH is still a BIG MISTAKE in my book.

No comments: