Tuesday, March 27, 2007


My Favorite Tools To Fight Spam and PC Viruses

I get a lot of questions about the different tools and software I use, here are a few of my favorites:

Spam Arrest
Stops 99.9% of spam using a challenge/response system. It has a few short-comings (it adds an additional step to a legitimate person's attempt to contact you via email) and requires some management, but it does work. Spam Arrest.

Cloudmark
I also use Cloudmark to filter email that gets to my PC. I don't use Spam Arrest for all of my email accounts, so found Cloudmark to help filter and automatically put junk email into a junk email folder (which I review every couple days for legitimate email).

McAffee Virus Protection
I like McAffee over Norton/Symantec. I've heard of so many problems with Norton/Symantec. McAffee works great with no trouble. I don't like how it updates itself, but it's probably a setting I could change.

No comments: