Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Should You Advertise at The Knot?

Marketing to brides online is getting more and more competitive.

I get asked this question about 100 times a month:

"Chris, should I be advertising at The Knot and is it worth it?"

The Knot is certainly one of the most visited wedding planning websites on the Internet. As a result, chances are pretty good that some of the brides and grooms in your local market have visited and may even use the website regularly.

Generally speaking, I like The Knot (http://www.theknot.com) because it has done a great job at building a highly recognized brand in the wedding planning space.

There are a couple things I find interesting about their online advertising model and almost all of the people I know who have advertised there seem frustrated with their rotating-account-managers (or inability to communicate with an account manager). But make no mistake... The Knot is one of the places brides visit once they're engaged.

Like with any advertising, and relatively easier with online advertising, you'll want to do some homework and plan on measuring the results you get.

If you are a current or former advertiser at The Knot I'd love to get your feedback. Drop me a line.

Should You Advertise at The Knot

No comments: