Thursday, April 17, 2008

Webmaster "Code" Words

I always get a kick when I hear people throwing out acronyms like everyone in the room will know what they're talking about. Here are a few I heard at a meeting the other night. By the end of the meeting I was saying OMG! GMOOH!

Here are a handful of common search engine optimization related terms. Now, next time you're at a party you can really impress your friends - maybe even win a door prize! LOL

CPC – Cost-per-click
CSS – Cascading Style Sheet
DMOZ – The Mozilla Directory, same as Open Directory Project
ODP – Open Directory Project
PPC – Pay-per-click
PPA – Pay-per-action
PR – Page Rank
RI – Regular Index (Google)
SEO – Search engine optimization
SEM – Search engine marketing
SERP – Search engine result page(s)
SI – Supplemental Index (Google)
TR – Trust rank


OMG - Oh my gosh
GMOOH - Get me out of here
LOL - Laugh out loud

No comments: